I've had two bad experiences - one with a 'chinese steam custard bun' which spiked my sugars sky high, and gave me stomach cramps and aching all over. The other was on Monday this week, with 'octopus balls' - I suspect also made with white flour. Up at 1.30 in the morning with severe stomach cramps and the runs - it was an hour before I was able to get back to bed, and even then I spent the night sitting up, so I didn't drown in my own body fluids - eck! The following day I ached all over too.
So it seems I have a reasonably severe inflammatory response to white flour.
I've also been doing a lot of reading.
I don't know whether I told you what books I'd already bought (and I can't be bothered going back to check). So, books read/being read, and websites that I've found are listed below. My favourite has to be Robb Woolf - he's cool. Mark Sisson is a bit of a 'Greek-God/All American Hero' type - so not my type.
* The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Solution - Robb Woolf
# Robb Woolf's Website
* The Paleo Diet Cookbook - Loren Cordain, Nell Stephenson & Lorrie Cordain
# Loren Cordain's Website
* Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total health and a Longer Life - Nora T Gedgaudas
# Nora T Gedgaudas' Website
* The Diet Delusion - Gary Taubes
* The Cholesterol Myths: Exposing the Fallacy That Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease - Uffe Ravnskov
Other interesting sites:
The Daily Apple - Mark Sisson (from what I've read, his book isn't worth buying, as it keeps referring to the website as the place to find information.
There's an awful lot of Paleo sites out there - go google it!
ART FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER
Yes, I have done some: