Pages

Tuesday 6 April 2021

2020 UPDATE

Well, it's been a year and a bit since I've been near my blog - life has been busy, and I haven't felt inclined to write what about what I've been doing. However, now the time has come, the Walrus said ...

Covid hit, and life changed dramatically. My work as a Tourist Shuttle driver dried up, then disappeared, as no tourists were allowed into the country, work repositioning vehicles for a rental car company also dried up, same reason. Production work also disappeared during the Level 4/Level 3 Lockdowns, but came back at Level 2.

Pre lockdown, in January I attended a Maori Woodcarving Workshop and made a paddle (hoe). Good fun.


Bone carving as a hobby didn't last long - too stinky to do inside, and kind of toxic. However I did buy a woodturning lathe, and built a shed to put it in.




Got an awesome tattoo: 

Said goodbye to both my cats at the ripe old age of 16.5

Mr Smudge
Ishtar, Queen of Darkness



Did some cross stitch: 
August 2020 Sunday WIP. Celtic Mandala 600x600cm. Colour #2 317 Blue finished. Taking a break, and moving on to my next cross stitch, Disintegration.
Disintegration

Zen Garden

Shifted some interesting Production vehicles:


Made a yarn bowl: 


Had Mr Edward Bear restored to his former glory - a mid-1960's Steiff bear: 


                                                        

Spent three very long weeks in December in Ruatoki, filming Muru, in the heart of Te Urewera:

And got a beautiful tattoo while I was down there:


Which brings us to 2021, which will be the next post.

No comments: