Pages

Sunday 4 July 2010

Happy Fourth of July - Baptism Day


Happy Happy Happy, Joy Joy Joy!

I have been baptised!

It feels like I've finally reached the end of the beginning of the journey. I felt very privileged this afternoon. Not only was I the 100th person to be baptised into our church since it was planted in 2002, but the man that performed the baptism, Alistair, who is a Messianic Jew, also said parts of the baptism rite in Hebrew. That was amazing. My parents managed to get to the pool in time - mum in her wheelchair. I was totally thrilled. After they dunked me, I did a porpoise-dive back under the water, and came up hooting.

I've been crook all week - tummy bug, food poisoning, and then on Saturday, I finally succumbed to Becca and David's bugs - NO VOICE! This morning, at church, I was totally freezing, couldn't stop shivering, and had to get David to take me home straight after the service. Curled up on the couch with wheaties and a duvet, and slept for an hour, before going down to Westwave pool for my baptism.

Being surrounded by other believers makes all the difference - I feel like I've finally found a home. And when I got home, there was a lovely pot plant on the doorstep, with a card from the pastor's wife, thanking me for being a blessing in her life, watching me come to Jesus, and hoping we'll be friends for a long time.

And, just to top off this week - I got an A- for my final essay - and there was I thinking it was a load of fluff! Hehe.

1 comment:

Bonni said...

What a great post. I knew that you were embracing the religion and it certainly shows in your joy. That is great!

It was good to hear that your family made it. Sorry to hear that you had caught the bug but was glad it didn't stop you from enjoying the baptism.

Of course I knew that you'd do great in the class. You have some interesting books that you are reading (or might be done reading by now). I went and got them out of our library on campus to see what they were like.

HUGS.